RE: [teacherartexchange] Table Covering for clay

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 11:17:13 PDT

>===== Original Message From Nora Redfern <nredfern@valornet.com> =====
>I'm wondering if pages torn out of a wallpaper sample book would work
>with clay. Some of the books have quite sizeable sample pieces.
>
>Nora

I have tried this with minimal success. The moisture from the clay can
activate the glue. I prefer to use wax paper on top of plastic placemats. I
buy a HUGE industrial sized roll at the beginning of the year and sandwich
the clay between. Occassionally, I remind the kids to put another piece of wax
paper on top, flip their clay, and peel the wax paper off and it doesn't
stick.

I ran out last year and I used the wall paper. No contest- the wax paper is
much better!

You can buy it at Sax:
https://www.schoolspecialtyonline.net/search/intermediateDetails.jsp?catalogPartNum=705467735&catalogCode=272879&returnURL=/search/mainSearchResults.jsp&catalogProductId=42767784(1)

Denise Pannell

Apache Kids'Art now online!

http://natepannell.memory-of.com/
"There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. Ghandi"