[teacherartexchange] Doodle 4 Google

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 18 2008 - 12:46:03 PDT

Hi,

My students entered the Doodle 4 Google contest but did not make it to
the finals.

Google did come to my school and tape my class and me. Clips from the
taping are included on the Google video at:

http://www.google.com/doodle4google/finalists.html

--
Harold
Harold Olejarz
Art/Tech Teacher
Technology Coordinator
Wyckoff, NJ
Google Certified Teacher
Personal Website - www.digitalharold.com
"There is a famous man called Galton who takes photographs of mad
people and then lays the images one on top of the other. He is trying
to show that all murderers have the same shaped head, or that if you
have a long jaw you are likely to be melancholic."
"And that is not what you do?"
"No. I do just the opposite. I use them to make patients look like
less of a type and more of an individual. When I see them in their
wards, I see a sort of undifferentiated mass. But when I take a
picture, I see each man and woman. And each one is in fact a human
with a story. In some ways the insanity is the least important thing
about them. In a photograph they are still complete, so one is not
tempted to see them so much as something broken."
Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks