RE: [teacherartexchange] table covering for claywork

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 14:30:26 PDT

I use heavy plastic placemats from the dollar store for working on clay. I
buy holiday ones after the holiday at 90% off. We clean them with used up
gift cards that parents donate that I cut in half. These are used to scrap
the clay off into a recyle bin. Then we wash the placemat with a wet paper
towel.

To dry work I have pieces of peg board about 6 x 8 inches that I lay on top
of 2 sponges I recycled from the boxes our new computers came in. Setting
the work up on the sponges with the holes in the peg board allows air to get
in at just the right amount for drying, at least in this climate. The peg
boards were cut by a parent and they last forever if you only clean them at
the end of the unit and just clean with a sponge. If you soak them in
water they will warp.
Cindy

Checked by AVG.
7:42 PM