Re: [teacherartexchange] Working and Teaching Art in Mongolia

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 05:02:06 PDT

Dear Julie,

Greetings from Serbia!
I was just about to do some work on the computer when I saw your
posting. I am the teacher you spoke about who is presently living in
Serbia and will be embarking on a new adventure at the end of July, to
the city of Chennai, India.
I read the article as linked below. Mongolia must be a fascinating
place to live and experience the arts, seeing that it is on the
crossroads between so many different cultures. How you got there was
quite intriguing as well. I hope your efforts at getting work of local
Mongolian artists recognized by the global community is a successful
one. Having lived in Mali where the place was oozing with art/culture
but also rampant with poverty, I know how much of a challenge it is to
get things done, even such worthy causes. That must be fascinating to
watch the local artists create their ceramic pieces, even if they are
using very primitive methods. You can sense the sheer joy they have in
what they do. Have you had contact with the International school there?
If interested, here is my blog. Once I get to India, I'm sure the
postings will look quite different. http://melissaenderle.blogspot.com

Regards,
Melissa