RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 15, 2008

---------

From: Foell, Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange (Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 05:18:21 PDT

My partner here teaches clay and uses upholstery vinyl that she cuts
into pieces-the backside of the vinyl has a tough fabric that the clay
doesn't stick to. They're very durable and last years. She washes when
needed in a regular washing machine-although a trip to the Laundromat
for a front load is even better. I'm sure she bleaches for any mold or
bacteria as well.

You can often go to upholstery shops and get ends of rolls and usable
scrap pieces donated-auto upholstery shops have it too and have more.

Marlyn Foell
Art Teacher
Rockledge HS
Brevard County, Florida

Paint your life with bold strokes and bright colors!