[teacherartexchange] table covering for claywork

---------

From: Cyndi Scheib (cans54_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 20:17:24 PDT

I'm looking for ideas on how to cover Formica tables when working with
clay. In the past I've used plywood boards covered with burlap, which
has kept the tables fairly clean, but recently our school had its air
quality tested, and the report came back showing the mold level
slightly above acceptable levels in the area where I store the boards.
A number of my students have asthma and  I want to look at an
alternative table covering that is green in concept but easy to
maintain.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Cyndi in Wheaton