Re: [teacherartexchange] New Teacher Issues

---------

From: Gayle Parent (gayleparent_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 07:01:49 PDT

Sheri, I am not the person who wrote with the question, but I will
definitely look into tab. I am excited to find out about this. I am
a first year art teacher with seventeen years of experience in the
(mostly) third and fourth grades. Teaching all the students in two
schools has been very different than teaching my own very eager 3rd
and 4th grade students who never had a full art program. I have some
of the same issues in my room that these new teachers have. Some
disrespectful behavior, lots of talking, goofing around. It's a
small minority of students, but they end up using most of my energy,
while the more cooperative students try to complete art projects with
a somewhat unavailable teacher. Thank you so much! I love this
group! You all are so helpful!
Gayle