RE: [teacherartexchange] Kiln fumes

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 05:56:45 PDT

My suggestions:

1. Fire after school, making sure you have a back up plan (if you don't have a kiln setter) where the maintenance (janitor, whatever their titles might be), comes in at a prescribed time and turns it off. Cookies and brownies to them work wonders.
2. Have a firing "day", where you do art outside of your room for the day, and your kiln fires, and the fan, fans. "Outside your room for the day" might mean you have your little ones meet you in their room for a class related project, or you take them outside to do artwork, or you take them to your library to view slides, read books, see reproductions, talk about artists, etc.

San D