[teacherartexchange] Kiln fumes

---------

From: Sue Cosgrove (CosgrovS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 05:40:15 PDT

Hello! My kiln is in a closet with a bottom vent. However, the rocket
scientists that designed the building put the fire detector directly
over the kiln. SO in order to fire I have to leave the closet open with
a osculating fan in the door to blow the hot air into my classroom. I
have no windows to open to circulate the air. Am I just imagining
things or will the fumes make you a little light headed when you bisque
fire. Every once and a while I feel that way. Wondering if I should
investigate doing something. Love to hear your thoughts. P.S. I am
planning to return to school next year pregnant.

Sue Cosgrove
Art Teacher
Carroll Elementary School
817-949-4353

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.