Re:[teacherartexchange] Online digital training and h.s. digital curriculum

---------

From: Claire d'Anthes (cdanthes_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 07 2008 - 22:31:43 PDT

Hello!
Our district is suffering from state budget cuts, local mismanagement,
and declining enrollment. I've been asked to re-make myself, yet
again, and to teach digital art next fall instead of all freehand
drawing classes. I'd rather develop a fashion illustration or A.P. art
history class, but I'm actually pretty excited since I know digital is
the future and I'd like to incorporate it into my other classes anyway.
  However, my experience in desk-top publishing is outdated and I don't
want the kids to suffer from our district's lack of vision. I've
enrolled in a Photoshop class but I'm wondering if any of you know any
good online tutorials in Flash and Dreamweaver or of any good intensive
summer digital workshops in the West/Southwest. Also, any good
books/sites for curriculum. Our school offers two other digital
classes for the non-art oriented but this is a VPA course and we want
it to stay that way.
Thanks,
Claire d'Anthes