[teacherartexchange] ToMelissa Enderle [melissa@sbb.co.yu] - Children's Art Exhibition

---------

From: Yuvabadhana Foundation (ybf_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 03:34:53 PDT

From: Yuvabadhana Foundation
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:32 PM
To: 'teacherartexchange@lists.getty.edu'
Subject: ToMelissa Enderle [melissa@sbb.co.yu] - Children's Art Exhibition in Thailand

Sawaddee ka Melissa,

Melissa, I hope this will reach you. I read your blog and view your photo and art work. I love them all.
I am working with children in Thailand. Please read the attached note. I would like to invite you to help
exhibit colors from many lands in Thailand. You are the person I would like to ask for help. Please contact
Churaipon C. Klaijumlang, Mrs.

This year, 2008, Yuvabadhana Foundation is going to host the 12th A World United through ART in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.  We would like to invite all children who are under 18 from all over the world, to join us by painting on the theme 'Colors from MY Land,'  and also send them to the YUVABADHANA FOUNDATION in Thailand.   We then will exhibit them along with others from various countries on the theme 'Colors from MANY Lands.' Would you please be so kind to extend our invitation to as many schools and children as possible?  Would you please invite children in your country to ‘bring ‘COLORS from YOUR land’ to be exhibited together with others in Thailand, as to celebrate the 12th A World United through ART in 2008?

The exhibition will be at two locations, one at the Queen’s Gallery in Bangkok and the other at Chiang Mai University Gallery in Chiang Mai.  Our exhibition will include paintings from children within Thailand (from our children’s art competition on the theme ‘Colors from MY Land’), from abroad on the same theme, and our ‘IMAIM’ project which includes the lowly/ unprivileged/ deprived children (mentally retarded, physically detained, or simply poor).

Our opening ceremony will be at the Queen’s Gallery on Sunday, October 19, 2008.

Thank you for your kind attention.  I do hope that together we would help children learn to love and appreciate their own lands through their art works.  I am certain that the children would preserve what they love and treasure.

Let’s help exhibit the COLORS from MANY lands in Thailand in 2008, and keep our beautiful world united through ART and heARTs forever.

Sincerely yours,

Churaipon C. Klaijumlang, Ph.D.
Director of Yuvabadhana Foundation

One Premier Corporate Park
Soi Premier 2, Srinakarin Road
Prawet, Bangkok, Thailand 10250

Phone:              66-2-301 1437
Fax:                  66-2301 1439
       ybf@pfc.premier.co.th

It’s a beautiful world!  Let’s come and see it through our children’s eyes!!

Dear ArtsEdNet Folks,

This past week I was in Vranje, the southernmost city in Serbia. Here I attended the opening of my art show on Wednesday. After that, my friend Pat and I explored Vranje, including its Turkish Ottoman architecture, Roma (gypsy) quarter, quaint narrow streets, and an 11th century fortress.

You will find photos on my website (http://web.mac.com/melissaenderle/Melissa_Enderle_Travel_Journeys/Vranje.html
) and writing on my travelblog (http://melissaenderle.blogspot.com/).
To make things easier to read, I have broken the writing into four parts, the first of which is published today. The others will follow in the following days.

Melissa