RE: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 30, 2008

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 12:32:07 PDT

The drama teacher at my school gets refrigerator boxes which she (or I)
slices to make either 4 tall sides - or 4 long horizontal strips - like
for a fence. If you make the footprint of these zigzag, it works like a
screen or room divider. The students (4th and 5th grades) can easily
fold these up and move them.
I paint them first with the cheapest white house paint I can find. Then
we use cheap colored house paint to do the rest.

Hmm - wonder if these would work for art shows as well?

Jan in Tampa

  We have also painted murals on a piece of compressed
plywood that has been painted white to start. It does not
have to be sanded. This worked well too and it was nice
to work on the board because it was propped up and
everyone was not having to work on the ground.
  Hope this works!
-Anne