RE: [teacherartexchange] Outdoor art lessons

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 06:39:24 PDT

>===== Original Message From Juli Fraher <fraherjul@p429.k12.il.us> =====
>Does anyone have some tried and true lessons that can be taught
>outdoors?

Hope I'm not too late to chime in on this one.
I haven't tried this, but I heard it somewhere (probably here on the list)and
it has always stuck with me.

You will need several embroidery hoops (or something similar). Have the
students toss the hoop into the woods, fauna, or flowers and draw only what
they see inside the hoop. These can then be watercolored in later.

I just may have to try this soon- we have a wooded area right out back...

Denise Pannell

Apache Kids'Art now online!

http://natepannell.memory-of.com/
"There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. Ghandi"