[teacherartexchange] water vs. space

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (cpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 17:36:02 PDT

Hi everyone,
I was wanting input from teachers who have worked in a classroom with no
running water. How did you manage? Any tips for working with paint with no
water?

I have been teaching middle and high school art with an awesome classroom
(lots of light and space, a storage closet and five sinks), but next year we
are expanding our middle school and I will only teach middle school. I will
be moving over to the middle school section of our school and will be
getting a new room. We are trying to find the best option... my choices are
a small room with one sink, a small room with two sinks, or a much larger
room with a storage closet, but no running water (bathroom is down the
hall). They are still searching for different options, but I wanted to ask
those who have been there, how to work without water. I know it is possible,
but is it worth it? I will probably have about 15 middle school kids in a
class.

Would you prefer more space or water?
Chantal