[teacherartexchange] I need help finding a painting too

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 20:54:05 PDT

I need help finding a painting too - don't know why I didn't think to ask
you all.

It is small and very dark. The lighting is fascinating.The background if
simple and dark - and the man is holding a violin, and slightly bowing.
Thought it was by Diego Vel?zquez I am pretty sure it is Italian probably
baroque - I ran across it a year or so ago, while teaching art history, and
then could never find it again.

I have been super busy packing up my classroom - I have resigned. If anyone
in wants to come teach Art at a small poorly funded charter school in
Colorado (in my itty bitsy classroom). I'll gladly put in a good word for
you! It is a great school - I have just been there too long.

I finished my course work and am now a licensed art teacher, I have had some
great interviews - I have a feeling I have landed a great opportunity at a
small district who just now managed to fund and art program, new room, new
program... I am thinking some very positive thoughts!

Leah in Colorado