Re: Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas for centers in the artroom

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 11:58:22 PDT

I actually got this from the previous art teacher who retired so all the credit goes to her.
I took large black paper sheets 24x36 or something like that. I added gold paint to my elmers glue and drew random lines all over the paper. the next morning they were dry and I cut the paper into about 5x8 inch size. They go in a bin with a few boxes of colored chalk. Students then take out the designs they like and color and smudge in and around the shapes. They come out really nice and it's one of the more popular centers in the room.