Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas for centers in the artroom

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 06:25:08 PDT

A corner for building a free standing sculpture: out of junk
materials, an ongoing group project that will be dismantled at the
end of class. Good lessons in physics, gravity, mass and weight of
materials, three dimensional space, negative space, light and shadow
patterns.

A weaving center: use all kinds of papers, old calendars cut into
strips, ribbons (I saved mine from holiday wrappings,) fibers, etc.
Can be an ongoing group or individual project.

Art crossword puzzles, especially designed by you that cover the
concepts/artists you are introducing to the students. I believe
there is a website on-line with blank templates of various puzzle
games. Perhaps our Judy D would have it on her website.

A library and image resource center.

                        Just some thoughts from,
                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired five years already!