Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas for centers in the artroom

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 06:06:37 PDT

I use a modified TAB classroom, so I have a few centers set up in my room:

Computer Center (with links to fun art games -- it also has photoshop
for older students who love creating digital collages)

Collage center -- magazines, random textural items (cloth, wallpaper,
feathers, buttons... whatever I have leftover from other projects. I
rotate items often so kids never know what to expect.)

Assemblage center -- (wood scraps, spools, springs, gadgets... and glue.)

Craft Center -- (with seasonal crafty goodness)

and a "potluck center" where I put out a different activity of my own
choosing. I have used altered books, art games, "make your own board
game", comic book activities, and various other one-day projects for
those kids who just can't make up their minds.