Re: [teacherartexchange] yogurt lids - ideas?

---------

From: Sheri Fried (sfried68_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 18:07:06 PDT

Hi Jan
Use the lids as a lesson on how artists can find
inspiration in their environment (recycled objects)
and how artists use their own interests, background,
and inspiration for their artwork. Give each kid a
few lids and see what they create. Add to the mix
scissors, tape, markers, yarn, etc. Then discuss how
we all see things differently, come to our artistic
challenges with different ideas/backgrounds. We can
all start with the same supplies, and yet create many
different works of art. Don't worry if the art they
produce is not "displayable". This activity will hold
a different value-- teaching them that everyone can
create their own art, using their own ideas and
skills. All results are valued.
Just a thought--
Sheri

____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.