[teacherartexchange] Fund for Teachers Fellowship

---------

From: Jean King (kingjean_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 19:00:20 PDT

Hi!

My name is Jean King and I am an art teacher in
Houston, Texas. School just let out for the summer
here and I am preparing for a road trip.

I've received a Fund for Teachers Fellowship for this
summer. My project for the summer is to follow in the
footsteps of Georgia O'Keeffe across Texas and New
Mexico, perhaps even further if the gas prices don't
eat me alive!

I've been researching for this trip for a long time,
so I think I'm pretty knowledgeable, but I would love
any special suggestions that anyone has.

Right now my plans include the O'Keeffe Museum (of
course!), Abiquiu, Taos and the Mabel Dodge Luhan
House, the D. H. Lawrence Ranch, Nageezi, Chaco
Canyon, and Ghost Ranch in New Mexico. In Texas I'll
be cruising through San Antonio, Waring, Palo Duro
Canyon, Hudspeth House and West Texas A & M University
(formerly the West Texas Normal College) in Canyon,
and Amarillo.

You can check out my progress on my blog at
www.asthewhitecrowflies.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Jean