[teacherartexchange] Art and the Enviroment

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 06:29:49 PDT

Few social issues are as ripe for the art classroom as concerns
for the future of our planet. For short simple visual resources
check out Leonardo DiCaprio's web site. Young people will listen
because they know him well. His site has two short films they
can view: "Global Warming" and "Water Planet"
http://www.leonardodicaprio.com/

Consider basing some of your curriculum on topics that have real
meaning. Art is powerful if directed well.
                        Woody
Read my Blog at
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog/May07.html#NewestEntry

Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan