Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Should Copyright last forever? - Plus Short Video on Fair Use

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 09:22:39 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

This might be a topic your kiddies could debate - Should Copyright last forever?
I found this opinion article in Carrot Revolution Blog.
A Great Idea Lives Forever. Shouldn't Its Copyright?
Published: May 20, 2007
If link doesn't work - scroll down in this section:

Carrot Revolution Blog:

David also has the short video A Fair(y) Use Tale - but I saw it first
on Art Junction:
From Dr. Craig Roland:
"Professor Eric Faden of Bucknell University created this humorous,
yet informative video by mashing up 1000s of short clips from Disney
cartoons, using individual words and phrases to explain how copyright
works. It's worth watching twice!"

Here is You Tube link:

Enjoy the video! It is around 9 minutes long.

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to