[teacherartexchange] Senior Take Over Day

---------

From: christy hedman (christyhedman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 05:03:08 PDT

Seniors must ask a teacher in advance if they can
teach for them for the day. The students may teach
what the teacher is already doing or they may come up
with alterantive plans ( appropriate lessons ). Most
students call "dibs" on teachers when they are
sophomores or juniors. The Student Council president
and Vice pres are automatically the principal and
vice. We even have kids take over for the cafeteria
staff. It's kind of a crazy day, but the kids get a
taste of what it's like to do this all day long. There
was a year when the competition for teachers was very
high so we made the kids "apply" for the positions
with a resume, letter of intent and what they would be
teaching. I rewarded the kid with the best lesson plan
and best sense of humor with my position. I've never
regretted doing this and it's great for the school
spirit.
Christy

____________________________________________________________________________________Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.