Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 18, 2007

---------

From: Kelda Van Patten (kelda.anne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 14:19:54 PDT

Dear high school ceramics teachers,

We recently had a new class approved and I am looking for innovative,
creative ideas for a 1-trimester Ceramics II class (prerequisite is 1
trimester of Ceramic I). If you have creative ideas that have worked
well with your students, would you email me? So far I am thinking
about graffiti/diversity inspired slab houses (inspired by Reinaldo
Sanguino), large flat coil vessels, and a sculpture inspired by a
ceramic artist. They will have 6 weeks on the wheel as well and I have
some ideas for the wheel, but again would appreciate any creative
ideas anyone has. Thanks!

Kelda Van Patten
Hillsboro High School
Hillsboro, Oregon