[teacherartexchange] damaged art;

---------

From: christy hedman (christyhedman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 18:37:47 PDT

Who is Christy Hedman? I teach 3 Dimensional art in
the Deer Lakes School district north of Pittsburgh Pa.
We are a small suburban/rural district. The girls in
question are 15 & 16 years old. My time wasn't
infinged upon, the students themselves repaired their
work. I am going to look into the written apology with
the administration. The girls are currently out of
school on a 5 day suspension. Here's a clearer view of
the the picture- neither of my administrators attended
our distirct wide Fine Arts Night(musical
performances, Art displays, Industrial Arts displays,
Family Consumer Sciences clothing) being held in our
building. Whoever said it- all the things my students
learned in the process won't be lost- Thank You!! that
is why I teach. On a positive note, Senior Take Over
day was today and the student "teaching" my classes
said " I get it! I see why teachers teach. It's so
cool to see kids coming up with all these great
ideas!"
Christy