Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Ned Martin - Contemporary American Realist Painter

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 10:32:25 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Ned Martin sent me a link request. He is a realist oil painter from Maryland.
See still life and landscape paintings.

Ned describes his work:
"While his paintings appear realistic, upon close scrutiny the viewer
is delighted with broken impressionistic layers of paint that imply
realism. Ned invests considerably in scrubbing, scratching, and
scrapping layers of textured paint until a realistic form reveals

Ned's site will be linked on my American Artists page.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to