RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 16, 2007

---------

From: Ellis, Vickie (vellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 09:25:27 PDT

I also have a Kodak Easyshare. It has some issues with the dial that
turns it on /off, and it doesn't always work, but when it turns on, it
has taken very good pictures for the price. It took particularly
impressive pictures at night in Times Square (at the NAEA convention)
with the lights of the Square. It does not always take good indoor,
low-light shots (i.e. concerts, etc), but I have had some good results
at parties, with portraits. It is small, so it's easy to carry around
(also easy for a kid to steal). I don't use the printer dock too much.
It is easier to use the computer so they can be manipulated. But the
printer made VERY good prints when I did use it, at a family reunion, to
give away copies on the spot. As was said, you WILL get a cheap camera
if you pay a cheap price, but I have been happy with this as a portable
camera. If I want a bigger zoom (my Kodak has a 3x), I use my better
camera, but I would not give it to my students, as mine don't have the $
to replace it if it got broken, and it is bulky to accommodate the zoom.
My only concern has been the unreliability of the on & off dial on my
camera. Has anybody else experienced this with a Kodak? What are the
favorites in the higher price range, say $250-$350?