Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] cheap, decent digital cameras?

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 16:50:56 PDT

I agree that the Easyshare is cheap, but if you are wanting an inexpensive
camera that students can learn on, I highly recommend them. When I puchased
mine for the classroom, my goal was to provide students with cameras they
can take home, and use outside of class. Most of my students have camera
phones, so they can take pictures, but don't have a way of getting those
pictures onto a computer. So they really enjoy being able to save and
manipulate those photos. If you are more experienced user, yes, you will be
frustrated by any camera that costs $100. I have never purchased a camera
for my own use that ran under $300, but then I take alot of pictures. I
don't let my students check out the school camera ($2000 range) until they
have had a year of using the cheap-o cameras. Of course, they are always
encouraged to use their own cameras if they have them.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

Don't argue with stupid people.