RE: [teacherartexchange] Duties

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 06:27:42 PDT

I too teach in a high school. Every teacher has a duty, from bathroom to
lunch room to hall duty. Over the many years my duty has been labeled "art
duty" which includes hanging bulletin boards, coordinating the ordering of
supplies, hanging art shows for the county, doing special assignments for
the Superintendent (i.e. rotating art show in his office). Since the art
department doesn't have it's own supervisor (we are lumped in with English),
I have 'acted' as the coordinator, and have been given a period to do it.
As for art club,etc, some of the positions afterschool are stipended others
not. I ran art club for over 20 years without a stipend, and now run a
puppetry club without one. However when I did yearbook, that was a stipended
position. Stipends are negotiated, and the positions are posted.

San D