Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Professional Development Opportunity - Elementary Teachers (application)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 08:32:11 PDT

Dear Elementary Art Educators,

William said the application requests have peaked since this workshop
has been posted to the lists. I have added this to Art News and have
placed the application and more details on line.

Get your application in as soon as possible - they are accepting 25
applicants. Fee is only $40.00 (to be sent in after you are notified).
Deadline for application is June 15 - with those accepted notified by
June 22. Continuing Education Units are available (You will receive
certificate of completion).

pdf file with more details

application (Word file)

Those of you who participate in this, be sure to share back with us.
The Met may be offering more workshops.

Judy Decker

On 5/8/07, Judy Decker wrote:

> From William Crow:
> Hello teachers!
> The Metropolitan Museum of Art is pleased to offer an online teacher
> workshop this summer for elementary school teachers (K-6). The
> workshop, called "Face to Face: Comparing Portraits" will introduce
> teachers to the array of online resource materials developed by the
> Metropolitan, and teachers will develop strategies for incorporating
> these resources into classroom learning. Through online discussion
> groups, reflective blogs, live chat sessions, and self-paced
> art-making, teachers will become familiar with MMA resources and
> connect with teachers from diverse geographic areas.
> The program will begin on July 9 with a week of self-paced orientation
> and tutorials, followed by two weeks (July 16-27) of interactive
> discussion moderated by museum educators.
> For more information and an application (deadline June 15), please
> contact us at:
> We look forward to seeing you in our online workshop this summer!
> Sincerely,
> William Crow
> Associate Museum Educator
> Teacher Programs/Offsite School Programs
> The Metropolitan Museum of Art
> 1000 Fifth Ave.
> New York, NY 10028
> (212) 650-2292 (direct line)