Re: [teacherartexchange] Duties

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 07:17:48 PDT

It can help if your district has a strong teachers' association that
will bargain with the administration before abuses such as duties
violations occur.
Make sure your building representative is aware of the situation.
But, in my experience, I found that going to the administrator in
charge and having a respectful face to face conversation about the
inequity cleared up the situation. Sometimes the administrators are
not aware that an imbalance exists, especially if a staff member is
serving in multi schools.

                                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                                Art teacher, k-5, retired