[teacherartexchange] Cooper-Hewitt’s Educators’ Resource Center

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 06:58:39 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Dr. Roland posted this in his Art Junction blog.
http://www.artjunction.org/blog/

From Dr. Roland:

With growing interest in design-based learning in the field of art
education, teachers will be looking for curriculum resources to help
them plan appropriate design projects and lessons for their students.
One of the best resources I've found thus far is the Cooper-Hewitt's
Educators' Resource Center, which includes a wealth of materials
related to the design process and how to teach it effectively in the
classroom.
http://www.educatorresourcecenter.org/

There are design-focused lesson plans, lists of curriculum guides and
books, videos, an educator forum, and more. If you have questions
about teaching design in your classroom or are looking for
design-related ideas and methods to engage your students, be sure ot
check this site out. You won't be disappointed.

(posted here with permission)