Re: [teacherartexchange] Duties

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 18:28:29 PDT

In my district some extra duties are automatically assigned, such as hall
duty. Every teacher has morning duty on a rotation schedule. Some duties are
volunteer - supervising students during lunch in exchange for free lunch,
freshman & sophomore sponsor.... Other duties are paid, and since these are
contractual they cannot be assigned - coaching, class sponsor, NCA, etc.
Each teacher, regardless of subject or grade level, is contracted to receive
240 min. of plan per week, but each teacher receives their plan time in
accordance to their schedule. For those of us teachers who are shared
between buildings, we are assigned a "home" building and that is where we
serve our extra duties. Since we are expected to have some sort of extra
duties I chose the ones that paid, which is why I am junior sponsor, NCA
chair, and elementary yearbook coordinator.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

Don't argue with stupid people.