Re: [teacherartexchange] collograph #3

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 19:31:29 PDT

I have always printed collagraphs as a relief print. I don't wet the
printing paper--just put it on the inked plate and roll a dry brayer over
it--or just rub well with your fingers. The first print often is not the
best one--subsequent ones turn out better.I don't have the kids wash the
plate off, but just use it over and over again, and let the colors mix. I
have found that Speedball ink works the best for me--I tried a cheaper brand
once, and it didn't work well at all.

Mary H.

-----
Subject: [teacherartexchange] collograph #3