[teacherartexchange] Professional Development Opportunity - Elementary Teachers (Met Museum)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 06:47:36 PDT

Dear Elementary Art Teachers,

Here is a great opportunity for you to earn some continuing education
credits. I do not know how many you could earn (You will have contact
the museum for an estimate of hours). I am sure any professional
development board will approve these hours.

From William Crow:

Hello teachers!

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is pleased to offer an online teacher
workshop this summer for elementary school teachers (K-6). The
workshop, called "Face to Face: Comparing Portraits" will introduce
teachers to the array of online resource materials developed by the
Metropolitan, and teachers will develop strategies for incorporating
these resources into classroom learning. Through online discussion
groups, reflective blogs, live chat sessions, and self-paced
art-making, teachers will become familiar with MMA resources and
connect with teachers from diverse geographic areas.

The program will begin on July 9 with a week of self-paced orientation
and tutorials, followed by two weeks (July 16-27) of interactive
discussion moderated by museum educators.

For more information and an application (deadline June 15), please
contact us at:

teachers@metmuseum.org

We look forward to seeing you in our online workshop this summer!

Sincerely,

William Crow
Associate Museum Educator
Teacher Programs/Offsite School Programs
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10028
(212) 650-2292 (direct line)