RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 07, 2007

---------

From: Crow, William (William.Crow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 06:14:09 PDT

Hello teachers!

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is pleased to offer an online teacher workshop this summer for elementary school teachers (K-6). The workshop, called "Face to Face: Comparing Portraits" will introduce teachers to the array of online resource materials developed by the Metropolitan, and teachers will develop strategies for incorporating these resources into classroom learning. Through online discussion groups, reflective blogs, live chat sessions, and self-paced art-making, teachers will become familiar with MMA resources and connect with teachers from diverse geographic areas.

The program will begin on July 9 with a week of self-paced orientation and tutorials, followed by two weeks (July 16-27) of interactive discussion moderated by museum educators.

For more information and an application (deadline June 15), please contact us at:

teachers@metmuseum.org

We look forward to seeing you in our online workshop this summer!

Sincerely,

William Crow
Associate Museum Educator
Teacher Programs/Offsite School Programs
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10028
(212) 650-2292 (direct line)