Re: [teacherartexchange] collograph question

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 17:00:13 PDT

When I have my students make collagraphs, I do have them coat the plate with
acrylic gloss medium. However, when I took a printmaking class at the
museum a couple of years ago, we printed from collagraph plates that weren't
covered with anything, and we made more than one print (the stuff does have
to be glued down extra well, and printed in more of a relief than an
intaglio way). By the way, I have posted some of my students' animal
collagraphs (from tagboard collage plates) and abstract collagraphs (from
"texture stuff", printed on black paper) on my artsonia site
-Lydia in Toledo