Re: [teacherartexchange] ColorField Remix - Washington DC Area

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 18:44:23 PDT

Just a comment on color field - I recently went
through several art movements of the past century, and
let kids sign up for their faves to do a project on.
The overwhelmingly favorite was color field. Of course
I assumed it was 'cause it looked easiest, but they
actually kind of got into it. Thanks to Judy for the
push-pull site (which they luuuuvvveeed). I got some
excellent paintings out of it, and they all were
suprised by the challenges involved. (7-8th
graders....2nd choice was surrealism)

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator