[teacherartexchange] Aboriginal Canada Portal - Artists

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 09:32:06 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

This site was featured in Scout Report.
http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/acp/site.nsf/en/index.html

I checked many of the artists - ones I checked were kid appropriate:
http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/acp/site.nsf/en/ao32102.html
Site has visual artists, musicians, dancers, performers, actors and
some writers.

From Scout Report:

9. Aboriginal Canada Portal [Macromedia Flash Player]
http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/acp/site.nsf/en/index.html

Learning about native peoples in Canada has never been so easy as with this
compelling website created by the government of Canada, who worked in
partnership with the Assembly of First Nations and other stakeholders to
create this site. Visitors can search the entire site's contents through a
handy search feature on the homepage, or they can click around within such
thematic areas as education, claims and treaties, justice and policing, and
employment. The site also offers information organized by other themes, such
as "Elders", "Women", "Youth", and "Kids". Also, there is a very impressive
and frequently updated searchable calendar of aboriginal events and news
updates. The site is rounded out by a nice "Virtual Tour of Aboriginal
Canada", which allows visitors to learn about daily life within these
different communities. [KMG]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2007.
http://scout.wisc.edu/

Judy Decker

Rambling from Judy:

Sorry to post so much in one day (smile)..... I have been "quiet" the
past few days... been worried about my "grandchildren" - my son's
fish. We are fishsitting his 75 gallon aquarium. Some of the fish are
showing signs of illness..... so I have had to take a "crash course"
in fish disease - researching everything I can on line. There sure is
a lot to learn.
They seem to be doing fine now - although one does have a couple white
specks on his tail (no it isn't Ich). I treated the whole aquarium for
a fungus - and that wasn't it either.... I treated the whole aquarium
with salt and raised the temperature... All seem to be doing fine,
even the fish that are sensitive to salt. Can't quite take your fish
to the fish vet when something goes wrong (grin). I did have a
knowledgeable sales person come and look at them. He thought they all
looked healthy - so the ones that died recently and disappeared must
have just been fish food (my two large tinfoil barbs and crayfish must
have had midnight snacks). I did get worried though when one of the
bosemani rainbows died - he was such a beauty (and too big to have
been fish food). I bought two more young bosemani and bought some more
zebra danios (all Matt's zebra's disappeared in a period of a couple
of weeks). I still have three of the four danios I bought (I know that
one was fish food as it was very healthy).....So - that is what I have
been up to.