[teacherartexchange] ColorField Remix - Washington DC Area

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 08:32:57 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

We ocassionally get questions on the list about color field painting
(I know it recently came up on one of the list just a short time
ago)......

Check this Washington DC area exhibit:
ColorField Remix:
http://www.washington.org/colorfieldremix/index.cfm
"More than 30 Washington area museums, galleries,
arts organizations and businesses are participating in
ColorField.remix, the largest celebration of painting ever held in the
Washington area.
"The event honors the 1950s and 1960s Color Field visual art movement
and the Washington Color School, ....."

Lots of images - scroll across - click to see larger view and info.

I read about this on Eye Level - Smithsonian Blog:
http://eyelevel.si.edu/

Enjoy,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department