Re: [teacherartexchange] Spring Art Fundraiser

---------

From: Amy Broady (AmyBroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 19:16:30 PDT

Hello, Terri.

I have an idea, though I've never done it to be able to tell you how well it
turns out.

What about decorative plant stakes with origami figures on them? (for indoor
hourseplants)?

I have a student (a 4th grader) who makes some really neat 3-D butterflies.
They seem really sturdy. I do origami, but for some reason have never done
this figure. He usually makes them out of plain paper, but if you used
decorated papers, they could be stunning! Attach to a wire plant stake with
the top end curled into a spiral; include some faceted plastic beads, and
perhaps you'd end up with something really cute, or even elegant.

Hmmmm...maybe I could learn to make these figures, and we could make them
for mother's day gifts next week....

Hope this helps, or starts the ball rolling with ideas for your fundraiser!
Best wishes!
Amy in TN