Re:[teacherartexchange] decision

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 31 2006 - 09:33:59 PDT

i taught ms at one school, hated it, and bailed. i
taught at another ms for 5 years and LOVED it. it was
the situation, not the kids. in my 17 years teaching,
i've met VERY few kids i didn't like. listening to
you describe your ms, it (their school experience)does
not sound like a good situation for the kids. they
sound unhappy and frustrated and you got the brunt of
that. i now teach hs, have for most of my career, am
wild about it, but have also seen hs kids be
incredibly mean to teachers and "eat them alive".
sometimes it is apparent why they pick on certain
teachers, other times it is a mystery to me. my
advice is to try as hard as you can to get to know a
job/situation/student population as much as possible
BEFORE committing to it. if you felt good at the
elementary level and situation you had, that seems
like a very strong reason to go back to it, cart or no
cart. imo, the cart is an inconvenience, an obstacle
to work around. feeling beat up emotionally and like
you can't win/be successful, that's unacceptable - to
me. good luck, and you know we're all here to cheer
you on!

:D wendy

 wendy
www.wendypaigefree.com