Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] What is the BEST Art History text? (for High school)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 12:04:56 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Michael Gerrish needs the best art/art history text for Art/Art
high school and/or Jr. College students. He got a title from a member
of the list who
is a teacher at Bucks County College in PA - but the email with title
has now vanished (smile - you know how that can happen).

I sent him Davis Publications Discovering Art History.... and I
believe there is a HS version of Janson's Art History (but I don't
have the exact title).

Post to the list in case someone else out there is looking. I searched
the archives and couldn't get previous thread to come up.

Is there a Gardner for high school?

What titles/authors do you prefer? Michael needs a text that students
could use for independent work (without his aid).

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to