RE: [teacherartexchange] hi i am here

---------

From: Theresa Parker (tlparker77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 28 2006 - 19:27:04 PDT

Hi Subha De,

The Whitney has what they term a "special concentration" of Edward Hopper's
paintings. They are on continuous view:

Leonard & Evelyn Lauder Galleries, Floor 5
An entire century of American art can be seen through the rich holdings of
the Whitney?s permanent collection. The first half of the exhibition
chronicles the development of American art from the exuberant expressions of
early twentieth-century realists to later modernist experiments in
abstraction. Highlights of the exhibition include a special concentration of
Edward Hopper paintings, George Bellows?s boxing masterpiece Dempsey and
Firpo (1924), Georgia O?Keeffe?s sexually suggestive abstraction Music?Pink
and Blue II (1919), and Joseph Stella?s paean to mechanization, The Brooklyn
Bridge: Variation on an Old Theme (1939).

You might try finding Powell's Bookstore online for a used copy of the
Bartell book. Powell's is a great used bookstore in Portland, OR and in
Chicago that will find books for you and ship them.

Good luck and enjoy NYC!
Theresa Parker
Gig Harbor,WA