Re: [teacherartexchange] just told by my principal (don't worry happy ending)

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 11:10:46 PDT

Michal,

I agee with your strategy. I think sending disclaimers would get
parents all excited (in a bad way) and open up a can of worms. I used
to have pretty much the same policy as you; if I lent a book to a
student I told him/her there was nudity in it, it was nothing to get
excited about, and if s/he didn't think s/he could handle it, to select
a different book. Never had a problem. The only class I ever showed
slides of nudes to were my art history classes, and I prepared them for
it the very first day. No complaints, no problems. I think if you're
matter-of-fact about it, the students will be, too.

Maggie