Re: [teacherartexchange] just told by my principal (don't worry happy ending)

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 18:10:36 PDT

I had to laugh at your story as it reminded me of a field trip that the
music teacher and I took our 6th graders on. We were touring the WSU campus,
which has a fantastic outdoor sculpture collection, as well as the art
galleries. Since it is a college, and it has been a few years since I
attended, I hadn't realized the amount of nudity displayed. The music
teacher was abit uncomfortable, and told the kids that we were going over to
see "the big organ" (which is actually a huge musical instrument, so big
that the building was built around it), not realizing that there was a huge
nude sculpture outside the building. One of the kids goes "Yup, that's a big
organ alright". It was all I could do not to die laughing right there! The
music teacher had never noticed that sculpture in all the years he had
attended the college.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids