[teacherartexchange] Great Self Portrait idea - contour drawing plus digital collage

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 14:03:23 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Lotte Petricone just finished a 5 week 8th grade self-portrait project
using Adobe
Photoshop with a scanned contour drawing, and the results are on her
site -

http://www.ccsd.edu/ffms/Art/eighth_grade1.htm

The webquest they used for searching for images in the computer lab is
above the images - "Photoshop". These were inspired by Kris
Fontes "Fill Your Head", but they did contour drawings
from observation, and then scanned them in and filled the background.
This was done as a test - Lotte will be teaching a computer graphics class next
year, and wanted to troubleshoot. If anyone has any good ideas out
there for Photoshop and possibly Illustrator for middle school,
combining regular
art with the tech, and including Elements and Principles, Lotte would
like to hear about them. If you can help Lotte with ideas - send me
your email address and I will forward it to Lotte.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/