Re: [teacherartexchange] defining "abstract"

---------

From: Amy Broady (AmyBroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 17:46:45 PDT

Thank you, Maggie and Jeryl!

I really appreciate both of your suggestions, and both are artists that I'm
sure my students will respond well to. Maggie, I got a photo of the
realistic Mondrian at the Chicago Art Institute while I was at convention
(do you know the one I mean--a farmhouse and some trees?). Then, on my walk
back to the Hilton, I noticed the bare trees at one end of the Art Institute
and took a photo. They really resembled the trees in the Mondrian
painting--it was a neat moment.

Jeryl, I love how you present the concept, too. I did a great Georgia
O'Keefe project with me 2nd graders earlier this year--I will have to send
you the details. And I will use your idea to do a follow-up Georgia project
with them next year.

Today was the last day for the students--a half day. Tomorrow is the last
day for us teachers, and I have to check out by 1:30--I've got a plane to
catch! Tonight I am frantically trying to do all the laundry that has been
building up and pack.

I hope to be more active in the group over the summer than I have been these
past few months--it will be nice to have a break from the daily teaching
routine and get refreshed. I have so many ideas I want to develop for next
year. And a very dusty, messy house I can't wait to get clean and organized!

Have a great Holiday weekend, and thanks again for responding to my post!
Amy in TN