Re: [teacherartexchange] Reinventing the (color) Wheel

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 12:20:48 PDT

You know, I've finally find a red that I can like--it's Mayco One Stroke Candy Apple
Red. It seems to be consistent and pretty. I can't remember, but I think it's also
pricey.

>>> lpapanicolaou@pausd.org 5/21/2006 10:35 am >>>
Interesting, Marvin. When we paint I put out cyan magenta and yellow, but the
students always ask for Red and don't like that wonderfully luminous secondary
red you get from blending magenta and yellow. They seem to be able to do
without blue tempera and are quite happy to mix their own greens, but they
MUST have their red. Red is always what they ask for in glazes, too.

Linda