[teacherartexchange] New Interactive! Rousseau-like Jungle from National Gallery of Art

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 15:22:18 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Have fun with your Rousseau units! See this new interactivie from
National Gallery of Art - Jungle: http://www.nga.gov/kids/zone/

"Create an imaginary landscape with NGAkids JUNGLE. Mix and match the
colorful characters, control the environment by changing weather and
lighting conditions, or construct flowers, trees, and plants using
special tools. An "AUTO" button generates random compositions, so you
can sample program options and experiment with special effects as a
starting point for your own designs. This Shockwave interactive is
intended for children of all ages.

"JUNGLE is inspired by the paintings of French artist Henri Rousseau.
Learn more about the artist's work, or visit Henri Rousseau: Jungles
in Paris, on view at the National Gallery of Art from July 16–October
15, 2006."

Teaching materials will be added to the site soon to complement the exhibit.

Links have been added to my page of Just for Kids and to the Rousseau
lesson ideas page.

Have some fun!

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department